Nourishing hungry minds requires proven culinary standards, which Dana Hospitality has developed and refined over the past 27 years. Our new culinary program will be customized to each member of our community. The Hillfield Strathallan College culinary team will prioritize getting to know every student’s allergen restrictions and nutritional preferences. To that end, we are implementing a colour-coded program that accommodates over a dozen food sensitivities, yet is simple enough for students of all ages to understand.
The new Hillfield Strathallan College culinary standards include:
- a variety of hot and cold daily menu selections that are delicious and that keep students engaged in mind, body and spirit
- vegetarian options in lifestyle-appropriate portion sizes that benefit healthy eating without sacrificing taste
- deli meats, including Ontario turkey and roast beef
- hand-formed burgers prepared in-house using fresh lean ground beef, that are roasted in-house
- hand-cut, seasoned and lightly breaded Ontario chicken to make chicken fingers
- meals prepared fresh each day using nutrient-friendly cooking practices such as braising, broiling, roasting, steaming and poaching
- no frozen, pre-packaged or processed entrées, or canned, powdered or bagged soups-cooking from scratch avoids unnecessary preservatives and additives
- batch preparation methods that ensure freshness
- no trans-fats in our cooking
- no MSG and peanut oil
Every day our Chefs create great-tasting meals from scratch, using fresh ingredients sourced from local Canadian farms and suppliers. We want you to experience our passion for exceptional food service, so the iCanEat site provides you with both the direct email to your Chef and a Blog to tell us what you think of the food every day. You are encouraged to take photos of the food and your friends, and then share those with your Chef.