GLORIOUS FRESH, LOCAL SUMMER FRUIT!
• Fruit is hydrating and packed with vitamins, antioxidants and fibre!
• Marinate before you grill. Marinating meat before grilling can reduce the formation of harmful heterocyclic amines (HCA) by 96%.
• Try fresh cherries in your marinade.
• Top with fruit salsa to add zing to grilled meat, poultry or fish.
• Add fruit to your favourite slaw or salad to change it up.
• Grill fruit. Try grilled watermelon or peaches brushed with oil and fresh herbs.
• Eat fruit salad on a bed of greens or as a dessert. Try balsamic vinegar drizzled over strawberries.
• Add frozen fruit to beverages. Freeze berries, pitted cherries or grapes for later.
• Eat whole fruit. Simple and portable!
• Extra fruit? Dehydrate to preserve for later.
• Add fruit to pies, cakes, muffins and other summer snacks and desserts.