Founded in 1901, Hillfield Strathallan College (HSC) offers a seamless academic journey from 18 months to 18 years. Located on a 50-acre campus on Hamilton's West Mountain, HSC provides a unique educational pathway for students through four school offerings: Junior, Montessori, Middle and Senior. HSC prepares students to live with purpose – to understand their world, inspire, lead, act, and make a difference in their own unique ways.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement and Communications, the Communications Officer will be responsible for the direction and coordination of Hillfield Strathallan College’s internal and external communications and is responsible to develop and maintain sustainable relationships with internal stakeholders and external community groups. The position acts as a project leader for a wide range of communication projects, publications, advertising and communications initiatives, including developing and delivering Web content.
- Provide editorial direction, manage and produce external and internal publications such as donor stewardship reports, Admissions materials, course booklets, newsletters and the Annual Report for the College. Publications may require coordination, project management, writing, publication and mailing.
- Strategy development and execution of social media, blog post, press release, newsletter, email marketing, website and written print collateral content.
- Working with the Communications Officer to design, track, monitor and analyze specific digital media campaigns and social media activities.
- Oversee all marketing content creation, including advertising, media and digital campaigns.
- Proofreading, writing skills and strong attention to detail is required.
- Assist in the development and implementation of communication policies and procedures.
- Coordinate logistics relating to media relations to increase the College’s profile and promote College activities.
- Provide photography and videography support for various events.
- Undertake special projects as directed such as donor recognition, wayfinding, event signage etc.
- Other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate should have a degree in communications, a minimum of three years of proven writing and project management experience, excellent communication, organizational and planning skills, expertise in using web-based tools and technologies (e.g., Google Analytics, email marketing software, social networking applications and media sharing sites) and website content management software, understanding of social media, blog management and related best practices, experience with Adobe Creative Suite software, particularly Photoshop and InDesign experience preferred but not required.
Our commitment to inclusion across gender, age, religion, identity and experience moves us forward and creates a sense of community at HSC that we are proud of, where everyone feels welcome and feels that they belong.
We encourage applicants who may contribute to the further diversification of this community. Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, if you require accommodations at any time throughout the application process, please contact Human Resources prior to the closing date so the appropriate arrangements can be made.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.